Life comes at you fast and I thought I’d share five things I am grateful for this February.
- I have left community nursing for a fresh start on the NICU. Somewhere between terrified and excited is where I’m at. I’ve had this past week off, the last week of February, which has been super refreshing and exactly what I needed before my career move. I’m ready to no longer feel forgotten or expendable. I read that nursing was considered easy prior to Covid? That has never been the case, it’s one of the hardest university courses and careers and it feels rather misunderstood, especially with the mean girls rhetoric surrounding nursing currently.
- After years of promising fashion content, I’ve actually started it on my Instagram. My @ is @jodieloue so if you want to follow along, please do. I’m still rather new so I’m trying to find my niche. Fingers crossed it doesn’t take me too long to get the hang of it.
- Retail therapy is getting a bit too much, so I’ve decided to purchase a sewing machine and learn how to sew. Scrunchies and homemade cotton squares are on the cards for first projects. I also think I may eventually dabble into making my own clothes out of clothes I don’t wear. Watch this space!
- Maybe it’s the Virgo full moon energy in the air, but I’ve completely decluttered my wardrobe and I’m trying to get more organised. I can already feel myself ready to purchase those Aykasa crates that everyone and their dog has. They look like exactly what I need.
- Fresh bedding in the form of a lovely Urban Outfitters celestial print, was just what was needed this month. I feel late to the party but it’s the softest bedding ever and comes with a bag!
After restarting this series in January, which you can read here, I thought if nothing else happens on my blog, this will.
What have you been up to this month?